DIVERSITY LEADERSHIP TEAM
The National Diversity Leadership Team is made up of the Director of Global Supply Chain, Global Supply Chain Compliance Coordinator, Director of Sales Operations, Sales Support Manager, and the Government Contract Manager.
This team communicates and implements initiatives that result in a "Best-in-Class" Diversity/MWBE business development process that is linked to our vision and guiding principles. Our strategic focus will be on the following:
- Achieve annual growth in our Diversity program
- Be recognized as a leader in external supplier management as it relates to diversity and MWBE utilization.
- Integrate Diversity into our business planning processes and competitive bid process giving preferential focus to those that represent minority business.
National constantly seeks new diverse sources of supply for materials, components, and services from a range of small businesses able to provide quality products and services in a timely and competitive manner.
Identification of small businesses is developed utilizing the following resources:
- National Office Furniture website
- Participation in trade fairs and industry meetings
- Advertisements in industry and local publications
- Local and national associations with councils of the business resources
- Small Business Administration website
- Competitive bid process
- Feedback from our customer base
The administration of this program will be under the direction of our Global Supply Chain Compliance Coordinator, whose duties include the development of policies and procedures to ensure success of a plan that is acceptable to all federal, state, and local/municipal government agencies, to coordinate and maintain a database and records in support of the plan, and to search diligently for qualified minority, female, and veteran-owned businesses.
National firmly endorses and supports the Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Programs and ensures continued commitment for the successful achievement of this program.
At National, we recognize that a healthy, open, and diverse supply chain enhances all of us; there are many untapped opportunities for all involved with a fair and open policy on Diversity.
For more information about partnering with National Office Furniture contact Marcie Rumfelt, Global Supply Chain Compliance Coordinator at 812.634.3521 or email Marcie Rumfelt.