Kimball International, Inc. (including our affiliates and subsidiaries) sincerely appreciates your trust and confidence in our goods and services. The privacy and security of the information collected from you is a priority to us. It is equally important to us that you understand how we handle the information.
Note that this website utilizes Google Analytics to improve the design and delivery of our websites by collecting information such as site access geographic location, browser/device used, and pages viewed. No personal and private information, such as name or email address, is collected unless a website requests via a registration process.
Collection of Information
Use of the information we collect
We may use your information as follows:
Disclosure of Information
- to identify you personally
- to communicate with you
- to provide you with smooth, efficient, customized services
- to provide you with better customer support
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts
- to analyze your usage of our website
- to comply with human resource requirements
- to provide employee benefits (compensation, health, insurance, etc.)
We have no intention to transfer to a third country or international organization and we promise that we will not disclose, sell or otherwise distribute to any third party any of your personally identifiable information without your prior consent except under the following circumstances:
Updating your personal information
- Legal requests and investigations - We may disclose any information about you when, in our opinion, such disclosure is necessary to prevent fraud or to comply with any statute, law, rule or regulation of any governmental authority or any order of any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Third-party service providers - We may, from time to time, outsource some or all of the operations of our business to third-party service providers. In such cases, it will be necessary for us to disclose your information to those service providers. In some cases, the service providers may collect information directly from you on our behalf. We restrict how such service providers may access, use and disclose your information.
- Agents - We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from user lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, providing customer service, processing employee compensation, providing employee benefits, and performing legal or other professional services. These agents have access to your information needed to perform their functions, but they are not permitted to use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers - As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy companies, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing privacy policies (unless, of course, the person consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Kimball International or all of its assets are acquired, your information may be one of the transferred assets.
Although you may change your information on our website, we may maintain such prior information about you. Therefore, you should not expect that all of your historical information will be removed from our databases at the time you notify us of changes. Kimball International observes a record retention policy that complies with applicable data retention requirements as designated by applicable law.
To access, change, remove, or opt out of further use of our web-based applications, please login to the specific application(s) you have utilized (i.e., career center, dealer sites, etc.). If you have trouble locating the application(s) you previously used, or if you wish to request erasure of your data under GDPR, you may notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. We will acknowledge your request within 72 hours of receipt.
Security of your personal information
We employ reasonable security measures and technologies, such as password protection, encryption, firewalls and other controls to ensure the confidentiality of your personal information. However, you should be aware that no data transmission can be 100% guaranteed, and our security measures do not protect your information once it leaves our web server's control.
Also, since our website may contain optional links to third-party sites that we do not control, we assume no responsibility whatsoever with respect to those sites. You should read and accept the privacy policies of all such sites before accessing them.
Parents and children
Children (persons under age 18) are not eligible to use our services.
If you are a parent or guardian, please make every effort to guard your children's privacy. If you are under the age of 18, please do not send us any information about yourself.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to change, supplement, or amend this notice at any time; in such case, this will be notified through our website and/or any other methods permitted by applicable law.
Kimball International, Inc.
1600 Royal Street
Jasper, IN 47546-2256
Revision Date: 5/07/2019