Click here for a printable version of National's warranty information
National warrants that each piece of furniture will be free from defects in workmanship given normal use and care for as long as you, the original customer, owns and uses the product.
Normal use is defined as the equivalent of a single shift, 40 hour work week. In the event that a product is used more than normal use, the applicable warranty period will be reduced to 12 years and items that fall under different warranty limitations, as listed below, will be reduced to one-third (ex: Wood chair frames will be 4 years instead of 12 years). National, at its option, will repair or replace with comparable product any product, part or component shipped after September 1, 2000, if the claim is eligible under the conditions of this warranty. This warranty is valid only if the product is given proper care and maintenance.
Limitations to this warranty include:
||Wood chair frames.
||Seating controls, Wood Veneers and Laminates.
||Mechanical and High Wear Parts Such As: Electrical Components, Polymer Based Components, Pneumatic Cylinders, Swivel Arm Pads, Casters, Chair Glides, Textiles, Foam, Covering Materials and Decorative Trim
This warranty does not apply to:
- Damage caused by a carrier.
- Normal wear and tear which is to be expected during the period of ownership
- Appearance, durability, quality, behavior, colorfastness or any other attribute of COM (Customer’s Own Materials) or any other non-standard National material (including Arc-Com, CF Stinson, Ultrafabrics) specified by the customer after application to a National product
- Color, grain or texture of wood, laminate and other covering materials
- Non-compliance with installation and maintenance instructions
- Electrical grommets where the box has been opened
- Damages or failures resulting from modifications, alterations, misuse, abuse or negligence or improper care and maintenance of our products
*NOTE: A protective glass top is not recommended on tops greater than 72”. A single piece of glass should cover a multi-piece top. A glass addition has the potential to accentuate deflection. If glass is applied, this will require a special quote to investigate the support needed.
Gotcha™ 24 Hour Use Seating
Warranty on Gotcha 24 Hour Use models is 5 years from date of purchase for seating controls and pneumatic cylinders and 2 years from date of purchase for casters, textiles and foam.
Toss Bean Bags
Warranty on Toss Bean Bag models is 5 years for the textile covering material and 1 year from date of purchase for the liner with EPS fill.
Minor variations in finish color may occur due to the unique texture and grain of wood.
Please follow the procedures described below to process warranty issues:
As the manufacturer of your furniture, we stand behind our craftsmanship and pledge to do everything we can to resolve any problems you may have within the terms of this warranty as quickly as possible.
There are no other warranties except as expressly set forth here, either expressed or implied including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. We exclude and will not pay consequential or incidental damages under this warranty.
- Contact National Customer Service (800.482.1717) and provide them with the serial number from the product in question and the purchase order number or acknowledgement number and a detailed description of the warranty issue. Serial numbers are mandatory before the claim can be processed.
- Customer Service will determine and pre-approve all resolutions to the claim such as replacement units, service parts, labor and repair charges. Upon approval, resolutions will be assigned an authorization number.
- The authorization number must be included on all invoices for reimbursement. Any unauthorized charges will not be the responsibility of National.
National Office Furniture
1610 Royal Street
Jasper, Indiana 47546